Who We Are
Open-Editions works with contemporary artists to manufacture, wholesale, and retail products that bring art to your daily life. Our goal is to provide artists with passive income in the form of royalty payments, and to provide you with meaningful objects that tell a story about these artists. We welcome proposals for collaborations or events and offer consulting services in design and production.
Open-Editions pays collaborating artists a royalty of 10% of all sales, including retail sales through our website and art fair pop-ups, and wholesale sales through our retail partners (museum stores and independent retail shops that buy from us). By purchasing our products you are directly supporting the artists we work with.
Open-Editions makes our products locally. This means about 90% of our production expenditures stay in the San Francisco Bay Area manufacturing community. We have worked with the same group of factories and fabricators since we started in 2015 and have benefited from growing together.
Open-Editions contributes funds and donates goods to organizations and efforts we support, including:
- ACLU — $540
- Black Futures Lab — $250
- Black Lives Matter — $1,440
- Enrich Chicago — $1,818
- Fort Worth TX Disaster Relief (with Creative Live)— $400
- Headlands Center for the Arts — $250
- Healthcare is a Human Right — $200
- Open the Circle — $200
- People's Breakfast Oakland — $350
- Supermajority — $250
- Send Chinatown Love - $100
In-kind donations of Open-Editions goods:
- Multiple Open-Editions bundle of goods to Djerassi Artist in Residence Program Artful Harvest Auctions
- Multiple Open-Editions bundle of goods to Root Division's Auctions
- Multiple Open-Editions bundle of goods to Friends of Potrero Hill School Auctions
- 200 face masks to Creativity Explored in San Francisco
- 224 face masks to Ruth's Table / Bethany Center Foundation of San Francisco
- 850 face masks to Healthcare is a Human Right in Hudson Valley, NY
- 550 face masks to Roosevelt Island Disabled Association in NYC
- 350 face masks to The Ritter Center in Marin, CA
- 700 face masks to San Francisco Coalition on Homelessness
- 300 face masks donated to People's Breakfast Oakland
- 325 face masks, 500 face mask kits and 5 sewing machines donated to La Casa De Las Madres
- 1000 face mask kits in pre-cut mask parts and elastic donated to SCRAP SF's mask making initiative
Follow our process @openeditions.