Thank you for your order from Open-Editions!
By ordering you confirm you understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
- We do not accept returns or exchanges.
- We ship most domestic orders via USPS priority mail or FedEx ground, and ship most international orders via FedEx International Economy.
- We will send you a tracking number when we mail your package. We do not guarantee delivery dates, but if you have a date by which you need your package please email us in advance to confirm we can make it.
- After we hand your package to the courier and send you the tracking number we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages. You should direct any inquires directly to the courier.
- If you place multiples orders to the same address within a few days we may combine them into one consolidated shipment.
If you are ordering fabric face masks please know that:
- The CDC has determined from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals with coronavirus lack symptoms (“asymptomatic”) and that even those who eventually develop symptoms can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms ("pre-symptomatic"). This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity—for example speaking, coughing, or sneezing—even if those people are not exhibiting symptoms. In light of this new evidence, the CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain (e.g. grocery stores and pharmacies) especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.
- It is critical to emphasize that maintaining a social distance of at least six feet remains important to slowing the spread of the virus. The CDC is additionally advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and to help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Cloth face coverings fashioned from household items or made at home from common materials at low cost can be used as an additional, voluntary public health measure.
- These cloth face coverings are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
- These masks are NOT a substitute for N95, surgical, or procedural masks and are NOT FDA approved. Although these masks may help deter the spread of COVID-19, they will not prevent you from getting it. While wearing any mask, you must follow CDC guidelines: maintain at least six feet of separation, wash hands thoroughly, and do not touch your face. Our masks are for personal use only and cannot be returned or exchanged.